Saturday, June 7, 2008

Nutrition

I have had some questions about what mom is able to eat. We have chosen to go mostly organic, cooking many things from scratch. [I am incredibly happy that I've finally mastered mom's homemade pancakes!!] Basically, chemical free food. Whole Foods grocery store has become a favorite [as almost everything they sell is organic, free of chemicals and range free for the meats], but our local grocery, Bakers, has gotten a pretty decent selection of organic foods in the past few months. Mom's body seems to be fighting this disease, so whatever we can do to help keep her system "pure," we are trying it. This does help keep us close to home, as most places do not offer the foods mom can eat.

She can still feed herself, with assistance in getting it all cut and with the final bites. We have a bunch of different vitamins she takes with each meal, which we adjust to her as her needs seem to change. So far, we feel this has made a HUGE difference in how she feels. Arlene and I take turns with the meal prep [though she mainly has breakfast...as I'm SUCH a morning person! :) ], though I really try to do as much of this as possible. I'm so incredibly thankful for the nursing help she gives, I like to help make her days easier.

Though this has been a change for us, we've all also noticed the benefits to eating healthier! Hooray for weight loss for us all!!! It feels good to be healthy. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home