Saturday, June 14, 2008

Mom's quotes for the day: from St. Francis de Sales..."Do not look forward to what may happen tomorrow; the same everlasting Father who cares for you today will take care of you tomorrow and every day. Either He will shield you from suffering, or He will give you unfailing strength to bear it."

'The significant, life-forming times are the dull, in-between times...not the times on the mountain, the great hurrahs.'

From Oswald Chambers..."The height of the mountaintop is measured by the drab drudgery of the valley. It's in the sphere of humiliation that we find our true worth to God, that there's where our faithfulness is revealed."

From Mom, to all of you...
''I want to say a special thank you to you all for all of your prayers, thoughtful cards, letters, emails, etc. I hate that I'm too weak to talk or write to you myself, but wanted to let you know how greatly I appreciate the thoughtfulness and prayers. God bless you all!"

Here's a current update...
First of all, I'm sorry I didn't write yesterday. I am supposed to be taking an on-line class that I must have, and due to all the things going on here, I forgot about it! So, I have this next week to catch up, 2 papers due in the next 3 days...and my final is on Thursday! oops. Good thing I work well under pressure. The poison oak [we think] is still there, driving me crazy!! I'm not allowed to touch mom, as her with this rash would be horrible! But, this does allow me time to finish this class.

Mom slept 2 nights straight with the oxygen, but last night was a bad one. She was up almost all night coughing with her mucus issue. She is so tired today...wish we could figure out what on earth is causing all this! She's currently laying down for a nap...hopefully she'll be able to get some much needed rest.

Other than that, things are pretty much the same here. No tornado's in the past few days, which makes us all happy! Will catch you up again tomorrow!

1 Comments:

Blogger Diana said...

Hello Yvonne and family,
Thank you so very much for including me on your journey. My prayers and love are here for you. My trust in our Lord allowing me to know you are all in His Care.

Yvonne, I love the pictures of you and Caleb. I can just imgagine you two going on a "stroll" in your chair! Children are so precious.

Your song: "In This Very Room" still rings clear in my mind and heart. Thank you for being so willing to sing for us. Remember those "Hat" CWC Brunches? Yours were always the best!! So many memories to think about. I know Muffy (oh I mean Martha) is taking loving care of you. I remember how she took such good care of Rosie. I remember also that Rosie went to church with us one morning and she got passed down the row to me and I turned her over and she did that "crying thing" ...
of course it just had to run the course of the cry. Oh those girls!! Do you still have Rosie?
Kylene's little girls still play with Baby Anna.
I will write more later. I hope this goes through to you. I had to set up the google account.
God's Care and Love, Diana

June 14, 2008 at 2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home