Sunday, June 29, 2008

A Day at the Hanger

Mom & I at the museum.

Mom, Ben, & his L-3.

On Saturday the 29th, Mom and I drove out to the Council Bluffs CAF Hanger, where Ben has a plane! He's part owner of one, and mom and I hadn't seen it yet...so, off we went. We had a great afternoon, having Ben show us his plane and then the CAF museum. Mom had been there years ago when they were first starting the museum, and we enjoyed looking around and seeing how MUCH it has grown! Quite a few of the model airplanes hanging in there were done by Ben and my dad...brought back many memories. There were a bunch of guys there, working on their planes and the P-51 Mustang [had just taken the engine out] and they grilled lunch...and asked mom and I to join! We've known many of these men since I was a little kid, so it was great to see them all again! I love hangers...just a fun place to hang out. =) We were a little impressed that Ben knows what he's talking about! hee hee...sorry Ben, couldn't resist! Here are a few pictures from our outing...
That has to be a GREAT view!

Ben showing us the parts that were replaced.

Ben & Mom checking out the added displays.

Checking out the Mustang with no engine.

Pretty awesome wall-art!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home