Monday, September 1, 2008

Mom...from my "little" brother, David

My "little" brother David wrote this today...it says exactly what I wanted to say. Thanks Dave, for finding the words when I could not.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is the legacy of a man or a woman than simply what your affect you had on those you left behind. To live a great life, enjoy everything and anything, but to share it with no one means you effectively did nothing.

Who can fathom living this life without sharing at least parts of it with others. We are a creation bent towards relationships of some kind - even those who are mentally incapacitated crave human interaction.

My mother is lying in bed, struggling with the binds that tie her to this mortal coil. All of the intricacies of humanity bind us to fight for living - all life will fight to continue in some fashion. My mother's heart is beating strong, a willful person sold on God's promises and pouring her life and His joy into others, it is no wonder that her heart is the last piece to go.

She is in pain, she is struggling to shed these chains of mortality, but she is looking to the Father for His blessing. She continues to pray "Your will be done" and praises God for all the moments of life, the good and the bad. A faith like hers is an example to all of us - throughout this disease, throughout the pain and suffering, and losing control of her own body, she continues to praise the God from whom all blessings flow.

I have to admit, selfishly I am asking that God take her home, to end her suffering. I struggle to know what she is going through, even though I am not physically with her. I..I I I - its always about me. A lesson for us all, that through the darkness, there is a light. Through the hatred and fear, there is hope. My mother has found that hope, and it guided her through the trials and tribulations that this fallen Earth gave her.Through sin we have all fallen, but through Grace and Love, we can be free. We still must face the sinful nature that is in all of us, but though we fall time and again, God promised us in a way only a Father could that all would be forgiven if we surrender our lives to Him. If we give up our will, our selfish desires, our right to think that we know what is best, and follow the perfect ways of the Father - we will be blessed, either here or after.

My mom is looking forward to heaven. She is prepared to be one of the Saints praying on behalf of humanity. She is looking to spreading her arms wide and falling into the insurmountable arms of Jesus and being held close to His perfect body as He heals all her ailments. She is going to run with the perfect body she was promised, sing praises to the Lord at the top of her lungs, play beautiful music, and share in the joy of being with the Lord with all those who have gone before. She will see her parents again, healthy and strong. She will see my father again, with all the past pain forgotten. She will see the angels who protected and guided her throughout her life, who manifested themselves in so many different ways. She undoubtedly will scoop up all the unborn children who never had the chance to experience life because of our selfishness and cover them with kisses and hugs.

My mom is looking forward to heaven, and knows she is going because of the promise of the Lord. I can only imagine the pain, but the fulfilling joy is something I to desire out of life.

My mom is dying, but it is only the beginning. My mom is going to heaven.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home