Thursday, August 21, 2008

Thursday...update

Hello there...hope all of you are doing well. Wanted to send you a quick update on mom before school starts today. She's still hanging in here...actually had a pretty good night for her last night. She slept decently [which means in 1-2 hour shifts] but was able to fall back asleep, which is pretty rare for her. She felt ok last night...but she's starting to get really jittery as her body shuts down. So, Arlene comes and gives her something to help take the edge off. She said last night she knows God's in control, but she's not sure how much more of this she can take. I second that. We are all so tired. Mom's cousin Sherry stopped in last night for a little bit. This was a huge surprise...she was briefly in town driving a truck back to MN, and was able to stop in for a bit. It was really good to see her! [Though I took the time to take a quick nap, I know Arlene and mom loved chatting with her!]

Tuesday evening I went downstairs to discover our furnace/AC had flooded the basement utility room...and part of the living room. Excellent...like I don't have enough going on! So, I had the privilege of spending a few hours cleaning that up. Ben and Cortney had just left from spending time with mom...kinda wished I would have found it while they were there! =) The AC people came out Wed. afternoon to fix it...mom can't handle heat/humidity as she can't breathe, so called in and got them to come asap. The "good" news? We're about due for a whole new unit. We knew this was coming, too, however...look forward to paying for that! And this is why I'm working full time this fall. Sigh. Just can't seem to catch a break anywhere!!! All is well now...for at least the rest of the week I'm hoping!

Last night Arlene and the caregiver [Sue..an absolute sweetheart!] made me go down to bed at midnight...I about cried I was so excited! Yep...I'm insanely easy to please. I was able to get in about 5 1/2 hours of sleep...way more than I've been getting lately. I feel SO much better today! Last night I felt like I was going to snap. I know why caregivers quit all other jobs...it's just too much. However, I really have to work this year, as I've only been subbing the past 2 years and I have to pay for the house now. So...I need to find a way to balance it all. However, it is definitely too much right now. Thankfully, I have a great school with a super supportive staff who understands where I am at right now.

We're still getting dinners delivered...what a blessing that has been! I know it was only a week ago I was still doing the meals, but I'm not sure how I did it all! Isn't that how it usually goes...you don't realize how tired you truly are until you actually get the help needed?!? Then what you've been doing seems like an impossibility! My yard was mowed for me when I got home last night...that really did make me tear up with happy tears. I just don't have the time to get it all done, and the time I do have I need to spend on time with mom and getting things ready for school. I'm so thankful for the people that have stepped in to help us spend these final days with mom. Thank you all so much!

Well, that's about it for now...students coming in here in a few minutes! I'll keep on keeping you posted...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home