Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Tuesday afternoon

Well, mom finally fell asleep, poor thing. I much prefer her sleeping...feel as if she doesn't realize all that's happening as much this way. She's still biting down on the sponge we use to wet her mouth, so she's still "with" us...just not fully...she's ready for heaven. The guitar playing this am went well...I even made it through a few songs with Dave! He's much, much better, and that's ok. [for now! gotta love sibling competition!! =)]

This afternoon Dave and I fell asleep with each of us on one side of mom's bed, our heads resting on the bed, holding onto one of her hands. She seems to be somewhat calm...highly doubt she's comfortable...but at least she's not awake and looking scared like she was earlier today. Neither of us can leave her side...just want to help her so much. Her heartbeat is still steady, though not as strong as yesterday [says Arlene]. Oh, for mom's sake, how I hope this doesn't keep lingering. That's all for now...

3 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

I'm so glad that your family can be together during this time, and that your school is so supportive. I'm praying for peace for you and your family.

September 2, 2008 at 4:31 PM  
Blogger Krista Palm said...

What an AMAZING and INSPIRING family!  Ben, Martha and David - your relentless, sacrificial, and selfless love is REMARKABLE and so moving.  Yvonne, it must be so awesome to know that you are leaving such a legacy of love behind and such an example of faith, strength, and humanity.I am nothing but blessed to have known all four of you and watch how you love each other!Yvonne, I hope you can hear this, please know you have a special place in the hearts of Shane and I and we love you.  Thank you for all of the books, advice, stories, smiles, laughs, listening, and care.  I can only imagine God ushering into his light and peace saying, "well done good and faithful servant".  Krista Palm

September 2, 2008 at 10:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I wish I could be with you my second family in person right now, but since I can't, please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers constantly. Much love.

Jeff

September 2, 2008 at 10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home