Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Tuesday morning

Mom was about the same this morning...we changed her shirt, repositioned her a bit, etc. Then, she opened her eyes! She looked like she was so uncomfortable...now I know she definitely wasn't yesterday...today she is. I called to Arlene to get a shot ready, as mom was definitely needing one. She kept looking towards me, raising an eyebrow here and there, so I ran and got David so he could be here for her more awake moments. That was a few hours ago...she's still awake and pretty miserable, but looking at us. She's tried coughing a few times, and I know her lungs are starting to fill up...she keeps trying to cough stuff up, but really is too weak to do so. This has to be so scary for her....'cause it's terrifying for us!

Dave is in with her right now, playing his guitar [he got really good...darn kid...he beat me! yeah..we have some competition still! =)] and singing to her. I brought mine upstairs and am going to attempt at joining him. I have a feeling I'll do more singing and only play a few chords here and there, but that's ok. Know mom is comforted having us with her.

Thanks for all the notes coming this way...I'm reading them all to mom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home