Tuesday, August 19, 2008

8-19...left work a little early

This afternoon I received a phone call from Arlene telling me I should get home ASAP. This disease is horrible in that we never truly know if we're getting "close to the end" or not. However, mom's breathing was so bad, Arlene worried if she gave her her next round of meds she wouldn't wake up. So, my wonderful principal and counselor helped me cover my classes for a few final minutes while I rushed out of the parking lot before kids and parents overloaded it.

Mom is currently doing ok. Actually, a caregiver is with her in the midst of a choking spell right now, but other than that she's hanging on. Her breathing was really, really bad earlier Arlene said, so she called me. Now she's feeling bad! Silly girl...better to be safe than sorry. Mom did smile a bunch when I walked in, which made me feel like a million bucks. =) I'll keep you all posted on what happens next. I was truly blessed with an amazing mom...thanks for remembering her in your prayers.

1 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Martha, I don't even know what to say. Just know that I'm praying for you and your family.

August 19, 2008 at 6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home