Wednesday, September 3, 2008

At Peace...

It is with a sad, yet grateful heart that I tell you at 2:00 pm today my mom went home to be with Jesus. We miss her terribly, yet are so thankful she is able to sing, talk, run, play her harp, and most importantly, see her Savior face to face!

David and I were sitting on either side of mom, holding her hands...Cortney was standing beside me. I commented that mom wasn't looking so good, and she went to get Ben. David and I started singing "Jesus Loves Me" [with some great harmony!]. I started singing the second verse; "Jesus loves me, He who died...Heaven's gates to open wide [mom took a big breath then]...He will wash away my sin...Let my mommy, enter in." During the chorus, Ben, Cortney, Arlene, and our neighbor Maureen came in the room...and mom was already gone. She went peacefully in her sleep...there was no struggle for breath, no fear...just peace.

We are still making arrangements for mom's service, as we know she touched many, many lives...way more than she even realized. I need to make some calls tomorrow, but will keep you posted. Our thoughts are something next Saturday, September 12, but nothing is final yet.

Thank you for your amazing love, support, and prayers during this tough time.

John 14:1-6
" 'Do not let your hearts be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I got to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you many be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know.'

Thomas said to Him, 'Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?'

Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."
{NKJV}

5 Comments:

Blogger Solana said...

Martha,
My prayers are with you and your family at this time. You and your mom both touched my life during the few weeks I got to know you. I am glad to hear that the experience was peaceful, and I know Yvonne is in a better place now. She will also be with Ron Hughes, her vocational rehabilitation counselor from Oregon. In case you didn't know, he passed away last fall. Keep smiling when you can.
Solana Morris

September 3, 2008 at 7:31 PM  
Blogger Cadi + 4 said...

We are all thinking about you and praying for you. Several of my family memebers have talked about coming for the services. Please keep us posted and if there is anything we can do please let us know.

Cadi

September 3, 2008 at 8:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love you Martha! My mom also says hi to you and you and Dave our in our prayers! Thanks for keeping up in the loop, I read all the updates and prayed for you, Yvonne and Arlene so much! I am glad we can all weep with hope.

Cassie

September 4, 2008 at 12:24 PM  
Blogger heidi of mick and heidi said...

martha,
i wish i could be there to wrap my arms around you and cry with you. i am so glad we know that your mom is in a better place and we will see her again. mick and i will keep you in our prayers.
many hugs and lots of love,
heidi

September 4, 2008 at 3:16 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Oh, Martha, I'm so glad that your mom is finally at peace, but I ache for you and your family. I wish that I lived closer so that I could help in a more physical way. You are all still in my prayers.

September 4, 2008 at 7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home