Sunday, December 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!

Monday, December 15 is my wonderful mom's birthday. She would have been 67. Too young not to be here, but what an amazing 66 years she had! I know the 30 I had with her were the best a kid could ask for. Though it's a tough day with her not here, it's a day to rejoice in the fact that she's singing Christmas carols with the heavenly choir! How I look forward to seeing her again someday!

Well, it's been awhile since I've posted anything here. I still have a final note from Mom, but I've been incredibly swamped with work to even try to post it. I figured right before Christmas would be a good time to do so!

I've been trying to get through all the thank you cards/donations, etc...and have honestly struggled. I had a hard time with dad's too, but this time around has just been so tough. I did some searching, and realized I didn't send in all the donation checks! Oops. I'm soooo sorry about that. I'll get that done this week! I tried to get that part done right away, but it's truly been crazy. That, and it was tough to do so. My students have their "holiday program" this week, so things are a wee bit hectic...but good. The kids have been working so hard; they're going to be adorable! However, am I ever ready for Christmas break!!!

I plan on keeping this blog page up, so we can keep in touch with all of you on how we are all doing. I won't lie, it's been insanely tough. I miss my mom so much I don't know how to continue some days. It's truly a blessing that I have my teaching job this year...it's forced me to get out of bed everyday. David is in Illinois, and doing well. He came home for little Caleb's 3rd birthday...it was SO good to see him again! What cool brothers I have! =) Caleb is still going a mile a minute, and is truly what keeps all of us smiling everyday. Ben and Cortney just returned from a week of skiing in Colorado, and had a wonderful time! David will be coming home for Christmas, for which I'm glad. Last year the holidays were tough...this year? Super tough. It'll be good to have him close.

I had a luncheon for all the caregivers/volunteers that helped us with mom the weekend before Thanksgiving. It was SO great to see all the ladies again...just seems weird not to see them; we were so used to seeing them every day for some time! We had a wonderful time of sharing, catching each other up, etc. What blessings they were to us! Thanksgiving was tough, as we lost another family member to cancer and a very dear family friend, but I truly am grateful for all the help, love, and support that we received through "07-08" as David and I have started calling it! =)

I want to thank each of you for your continued support, prayers, and friendship. We know that is what's keeping us going! Have a blessed holiday season...I'll be posting again next week! God bless each of you!

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

I'm so glad that you will still be posting here! I've thought about you a lot over the last few months and have continued to check this site regularly. You and your family are still in my thoughts and prayers this season! Merry Christmas!

December 20, 2008 at 7:42 AM  
Blogger rex crewse said...

I"m also thankful you are still posting here, I know the hurt now of losing someone close to you, I am missing Rex so very much, he went so sudden, was such a shock to all of us, but with God's help we will make it I feel like I am only existing now but I am sure it will get better.
Praying you and your family have a good Holiday Season and enjoy each other.
Retta Crewse

December 26, 2008 at 7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home