Thursday, September 4, 2008

Service

Hello dear family and friends. I wanted to update you all on the service details for mom. Today was a long day with lots of decisions to be made. Many mom had helped make herself, but we still had a lot to do. It hit me hard about 4:00 pm today...my mom is gone. Though she is much happier now, the person that I have devoted all my time to the past 15 months, is no longer here. I think Arlene and I both are feeling this...what are we going to do with all our free time. And honestly, if mom wouldn't have been so sick, I would gladly have sacrificed any other free time just to still have her here. This is definitely going to take time.

Due to the number of out of town friends and family, we decided to have a service next week.

A memorial service and celebration of life will be held at 11:00 am Saturday, September 13, 2008 at Calvary Christian Church, 10100 Cedar Island Rd., Bellevue, NE with a picnic at Swanson Park to follow [park is across the street...same road as the fire department, park is off to the left]. Mom really wanted a picnic...a time for family and friends to spend time together, and rejoice in the fact that our dear mother has reached her eternal home!

The home address here is 301 Orchard Drive Bellevue, NE 68005.

Memorials can be made to ALS in the Heartland or to Ravi Zacharias International Ministries {a favorite of mom’s!!}, 4725 Peachtree Corners Circle Suite 250, Norcross, GA 30092.
~~~
Mom had written a final note...I'll try to get that out to you soon. I tried today, but ended up unable to read the computer screen! Tomorrow might be a better day to try again. Keep checking this blog, as it's truly the easiest way for me to communicate with you.

Thanks to you all..

1 Comments:

Blogger Bill ODell said...

Blessing to your family for the care of your Mom.

The people of Seminole Estates will miss Yvonne as will the people of Cedar Mills Bible Church.

Blessings,

Darlyne & Bill O'Dell

September 7, 2008 at 8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home